Regional services are provided by a consistent team of multi-disciplinary professionals that share responsibility for supporting the development and delivery of universal, targeted, and individualized services. Regional multi-disciplinary services are directed towards, but not limited to, students with highly individualized and complex needs.
Benefits of the collaborative service delivery model:
- The provision of a continuum of supports and services, means that in most cases we begin with the least intrusive methods (Universal) and move to more involved services (Targeted and Individualized) as determined by the team
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach results in intervention first, rather than a specialized assessment
- Ease of access to integrated and coordinated supports for children and youth
- Ongoing communication and collaboration between teachers, parents and multi-disciplinary team members
- Shared responsibility and accountability for student success