- Focus on highly individualized strategies to meet an child/youth’s specific needs
- Consent: As per the Standards for Special Education, the school must obtain written, informed consent for a specialized referral or assessment.
- The school will contact the parents to discuss their observations and the reasons for wanting to refer for additional support services.
- Once the school has this completed, the school will advise the appropriate team member about the referral.
- Mental Health may obtain their own written consent, depending on the situation.
- Documentation: A formal assessment necessitates a written report that is debriefed with the learning team which includes the family. A copy of the assessment report goes to the parent/guardian and into the student school record. An assessment report will outline strategies and recommendations.
Individualized Support Examples:
|IPP Support and Specific accommodations, modifications to address individual student needs||Adaptive equipment
Fine motor skills
Sensory processing skills
Social skills groups
Speech sound development
Visual perceptual skills
|Specialized Assessment||Psycho – Educational Assessment
require a high level of expertise in test interpretation (Level C)