We extend our appreciation to Central Alberta RCSD for assembling and sharing their resource toolbox. Many of the pdf documents are developed or adapted by their talented team members.
|Tips and Tricks||Creating accessible worksheets (doc)|
Depth perception tip sheet (doc)
Lighting, glare and contrast (doc)
Magnifier instruction (doc)
Monocular vision (doc)
Slant board reaching stand (doc)
Vision extensions / shortcuts for Chrome (doc)
Visual crowding (doc)
Visual fatigue (doc)
|Cortical Visual Impairment||Enabling Devices – 50 ways to use a lightbox (doc)|
Little Bear Sees (website)
Perkins – CVI resources (website)
Strategies to See (website)
Working with school-aged children with vision impairment (doc)
|Curriculum Related||BC Resource Centre for the Visually Impaired (website)|
Paths to Technology (website)
Perkins e-Learning (website)
Tactile Vision Graphics (website)
Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (website)
Vision Alberta (website)
|Expanded Core Curriculum||19 ways to step back (doc)|
Expanded core curriculum (doc)
Teaching Visually Impaired (website)
Unique needs of students who are blind (doc)
|Curriculum Adaptations||Adapted physical education (doc)|
Alberta Sports and Recreation for the Blind (website)
Information on cooking (doc)
Love reading and love learning (doc)
Typing resources (doc)
The Independent Little Bee (website)
CELA Library (website)
Paths to Literacy (website)
Tar Heel Reader (website)
Family / Community websites:
- ASVI (website) is a registered non-profit society that advocates and is resource for children with vision loss and their families. Resources, programs available.
- CNIB Alberta (website) offers a range of community-based programs and services that empower Canadians who are blind or partially sighted to see beyond vision loss.
- Family Connect (website) is an online community for parents of blind and visually impaired children to find support and information
- Future Aids (website) is a vendor of braille books, toys, games, kitchen aids, and talking products.
- Perkins (website) is an international organization which provides materials and resources for people who are blind and those that work with them. They are multifaceted and have many videos and tutorials for educators as ell as provide a place for families to connect.
- Wonderbaby (website) is a project funded by Perkins School for the Blind, is dedicated to helping parents of young children with visual impairments as well as children with multiple disabilities.